What cameras do you have (photo and video)?

Shawn Gossman

Skywarn Forum Owner
Staff member
Thread starter #1
I have a few, haha!
  • Nikon D3100 with basic lenses (18-55 and 55-200)
  • Nikon D7100 with basic lenses (18-55 AF and 55-300 AF)
  • Canon EOS T5 with a basic lens (18-55 AF)
  • Nikon KeyMission 360 action camera
  • GoPro Hero 5 Black
  • GoPro Hero 6 Black with Karma Drone and Stabilizer
  • Canon G7X Mark II
  • Sony AX-53 4K Handicam
  • The camera on my iPhone 7 Plus
I have a lot of cameras. I mainly have them for my YouTube activities. However, they can all come in handy for chasing and spotting. Well besides the drone, I don't want to add to the falling debris, LOL.

What cameras do you all have?

i have android phone i use for storm spotting but i be taking pictures of clouds and video of thunderstorms i will if do a live recording of a severe thunderstorm producing hail highwinds and lots of lightning but i might use a drone for chasing

ricbak

Rick
Premium Member
Ah .... Gosh, Maybe after all the years carrying around some sort of heavy SLR, I just quit that. I have always had a camera with me from Minolta, to Bessler Topcons. Now I have an Cannon Elan 2e with a couple lens. That is a film camera and I still feel does a much better picture than digital. In Digital, a Sony SLR and a Cannon point n shot. For night work, or time lapse work, film is still my favorite medias.
~
The point n shoot Cannon is usually with me most of the time. For weather work, that camera will do just fine to send quick pictures to the weather service or soc media.