What's new
Advertise Your Business Here

Retired from library in 2005, finding new hobbies!

Thread starter #1
I enjoy taking pictures of unusual cloud formations and interesting weather. I really keep up with the weather since being in the Wylie, Texas hailstorm a couple of years ago. The house I was in had over 50 holes in the roof! We didn't even realize it was coming until it hit there. I am now much more weather aware & and enjoying learning more about weather conditions.

Attachments

Welcome from Oklahoma.
Do you or have you thought about storm spotting? or are you just a voyeur? :eek:;):ROFLMAO:
I too started out enjoying taking pictures, but getting involved in ham radio for other reason it was a natural progression to get into storm spotting.

Thread starter #4
Welcome from Oklahoma.
Do you or have you thought about storm spotting? or are you just a voyeur? :eek:;):ROFLMAO:
I too started out enjoying taking pictures, but getting involved in ham radio for other reason it was a natural progression to get into storm spotting.
My husband is into ham radio, so I think we are a perfect match. I have thought about Storm Spotting. I am a natural born Okie from Shawnee, so I know about storms. My childhood is sprinkled with memories of getting into storm cellars & Grandma yelling at Grandpa to get inside the shelter.

When we moved to Texas when I was 7, I didn't understand why Texans didn't have storm shelters. It took me a long time to get to the point where I didn't get a knot in my stomach when storms approached.

Any ideas on getting started with storm spotting?