What's new
Advertise Your Business Here

My Storm Chase Vehicle -- Video

ricbak

Rick
Premium Member
Nice,... 73 Sir.
I saw in the comments someone questioned why there were so many dislikes. I have to ask the same thing ... Why would someone dislike this?
Also I don't think I could afford to fill the fuel tank . :rolleyes:

Thread starter #3
Nice,... 73 Sir.
I saw in the comments someone questioned why there were so many dislikes. I have to ask the same thing ... Why would someone dislike this?
Also I don't think I could afford to fill the fuel tank . :rolleyes:
For whatever reason people HATE utility lights on storm chasers vehicles. They get the impression that we think we are like cops by using them. I have repeatedly stated that this is not the case but to no avail. I guess when one chases storms, the use of "safety lighting" is an oxymoron.

Thread starter #5
Sounds more like key board warrior who does not have the courage to face you head on with a simple question..
I'm not the only one. I have gotten a lot of comments on my YouTube video from guys who have posted their own chase vehicle video. They all get the same harassment. Apparently in some States it's illegal to have utility lights on your vehicle unless it's a company owned vehicle or something to that effect. I have even posted the Minnesota Statues showing I'm within the law, and they still don't care.

kd0jzi

Thunderstorm
I know the feeling, get the same thing about the lights on my Mountaineer from the public. Now the local PD, FD, SO, and State boys here in MN, know me up nord, and they all have complimented me on them, saying better safe then sorry, and as long as your not moving (only exception was Wadena ARES after the June 2010 nader)
Then again sometimes it's good to know the lawmen

Thread starter #8
Well sometimes you have to use them when you're moving like plowing a roadway or parking lot or pulling someone out of the ditch, or debris off the road so you can proceed.

Thread starter #11
No reason for spotters to have flashing lights. Get off the road, pull into side road or a parking lot and be safely out of the way. If anyone ever crashes and claims your lights were a distraction, State Farm may not be there.

If they'll run into a patrol car,...............
Flashing lights are NOT a distraction. If someone feels they are, then they shouldn't be driving in the first place! My Storm Chase Vehicle is also a Utility Vehicle. That means it can be used to clear debris from the road, pull other vehicles from the ditch, help stranded motorists along the way, etc. All of these activities REQUIRE a flashing yellow light while performing those operations. (Think tow-truck)

With that said, most people when they pull off to the side of the road, they put on their 4-way flashers. Using your reasoning this would be a DISTRACTION and void an insurance claim. Preposterous! Show me something in writing to this effect.