What's new
Advertise Your Business Here

Hurricane Florence 2018

Thread starter #1
I don't know how many of you may be tracking Hurricane Florence in the Atlantic - I haven't seen any posts about the storm yet so I guess I'm the first to break the ice on the issue - but Florence is definitely going to be an issue for the Southeastern United States coast beginning later this week. On a personal note, from my area, classes have been cancelled as of noon tomorrow at the university I attend, and a voluntary evacuation has already been put in place. On top of a not-so-pleasant tidbit I found online while getting information on the storm, it's not a pleasant situation to be preparing for. Hopefully it will pass us by and become a 'fish storm' off the coast or not strengthen to a category 4 as they have been anticipating. But then again, we don't always get what we want or wish for or hope for, and unfortunately, my area in particular is overdue for a direct landfall. But I'm praying for safety. Stay safe out there, guys!

Hurricane Florence Expected to Rapidly Intensify; Serious Rainfall Threat for U.S. East Coast by Dr. Jeff Masters | Category 6