How do you feel about the theme?

Shawn Gossman

Skywarn Forum Owner
Staff member
Thread starter #1
I want to keep that Skywarn-RED theme going on. I've been customizing the default theme but I'm willing to explore further options if you all would rather see something else here. Let me know is a reply down below :)

So far I believe the theme looks really nice. I am not sure what features are possible to implement, or how different ones would interact with linked media, but one day it may be worth exploring a "dark/light" option, to where the white background could be replaced with black or dark gray.

Shawn Gossman

Skywarn Forum Owner
Staff member
Thread starter #3
I like the idea of giving you folks the option of a light or dark theme. Good suggestion! In the future, I'll be adding a better logo as well as some custom icons to get the Skywarn feel back up and running :)

I like the red, but would like the option of the rest of the field to be a darker color, easier on the eyes, especially if one is stuck looking at computer screens all day.

You're off to a good start, Shawn. My recommendations is:
Keep it simple. Making it too complex will eat up too much of your time and just cause frustration.

ARG

Rain Cloud
Looks fine to me. As you know Shawn, in the old days everyone wanted to spend time customizing. Today it seems that minimal is best for the majority. I wouldn't spend too much time on decorations, but use time to maintain instead. JMO.

Shawn Gossman

Skywarn Forum Owner
Staff member
Thread starter #11
Indeed, Dave and ARG

I just want to keep the theme simple and at a minimum as we as capitalize on the core features of the software, aka not install every addon known to man lol. A few is fine but for the most part, I feel like most addons take away from the forum.

kd0jzi

Rain Cloud
Remember K.I.S.S.
Keep It Simple Stupid..........lol

You know me, as long as the forum is active, running like it should, and not shut down, I am happy.

Shawn Gossman

Skywarn Forum Owner
Staff member
Thread starter #17
how do I feel about it ,it says IT SUCKS
I'm trying to help you here. You need to provide me with more information. Do it in the private conversation we are having. The only areas I have restricted from member posting is the forum news section and staff sections. You should be able to post in the main member sections. I know you say it sucks but with the little amount of information you have given me, I don't have much to work with, here!

I agree with a dark theme. This red is killing my eyes. I would as like to see one of the old themes make a come back as well.

But if you want to stick with the red, maybe tone the color down a little and add a darker background. Heck, a Google search of dark forum themes yielded some great looking pics of forums that use a dark(er) theme.