What's new
Advertise Your Business Here

HAM Profiles

kd0jzi

Thunderstorm
Thread starter #1
Introduce yourself, tell us about yourself as a ham.....
Callsign, freq's you monitor, QTH, are you on Echolink, do contests, rigs, etc.

Matthew-KD0JZI
I monitor all the local repeaters around St Cloud, MN and 52
ARES member
I run 2m and 70cm and E/L (no HF rig yet, need $$$$$)
I enjoy rag chews and homebrewing.
I'm a ARRL VEC and Elmer.

ricbak

Rick
Premium Member
I understand th HF Rig $$$$$$$$...HeHe
Thank you for your support as VEC/Elmer.. Much needed.
~ Monitor 2 repeaters on 2m. On is attached to "EchoLink"
~

Callsign KC8TCQ, Keith
I all the area repeaters in the NW Ohio area. I am on echolink, and one of our club repeaters (N8RLD-R) is connected to both echolink and IRLP
My shack at home consists of a Yaesu FT-2800M 2m rig and an Icom-706 HF rig connected to a G5RV and I operate SSB and digital modes.
My van I have a Yaesu FT-8800R dual band
At my office I have 2 Kenwood TM-D700A dual bands and for HF a Kenwood TS-2000 and an Icom IC-7000 into a Gap Titan DX vertical.

I run the Skywarn net for 3 counties, and am part of the net staff for the VOIP Hurricane net when it is activated.
The only contests I regularly participate in are the State QSO parties, the Ohio State Parks On The Air contestm and ARRL Field Day.
I chase DX, I enjoy operating PSK on 30m.
I am an ARRL VE, and am currently the club president of our local club starting my second term, prior to that I was vice president for 2 terms.

N7AGV, Joe

In my Charger I have a MCS-2000 II Hi Pwr VHF 110 watt. A Diamond SG7900NMO and Diamonds heavy duty NMO mount.
HF I have a Yaesu 817 (Non ND unfortunately) a Princeton Antenna EF-53 QRP 53 ft end fed wire. LDG Z817 tuner.
then I have 3 HTs currently a Moto HT1250 VHF, XTS3000 UHF1 with p25 turned on (For those unfamiliar with Moto UHF HTs and moderate power 50ish and less watt Mobiles come in two splits UHF 1 includes the ham potion of the 440 bands UHF2 is 470-512, hi pwr mobiles at least older ones come in up to 4 splits on uhf) and last but not least my most recent addition is a Yaesu FT-70D dual band system fusion HT.

I was a W5YI VE, but life ended that with work and other responsibilities. Even made me dormant on the ham bands until mid last year.

I monitor a couple of my local repeaters and 146.520. Occasionally I turn on the xts3000 and play on p25 simplex.

kd0jzi

Thunderstorm
Thread starter #5
Callsign KC8TCQ, Keith
I all the area repeaters in the NW Ohio area. I am on echolink, and one of our club repeaters (N8RLD-R) is connected to both echolink and IRLP
My shack at home consists of a Yaesu FT-2800M 2m rig and an Icom-706 HF rig connected to a G5RV and I operate SSB and digital modes.
My van I have a Yaesu FT-8800R dual band
At my office I have 2 Kenwood TM-D700A dual bands and for HF a Kenwood TS-2000 and an Icom IC-7000 into a Gap Titan DX vertical.

I run the Skywarn net for 3 counties, and am part of the net staff for the VOIP Hurricane net when it is activated.
The only contests I regularly participate in are the State QSO parties, the Ohio State Parks On The Air contestm and ARRL Field Day.
I chase DX, I enjoy operating PSK on 30m.
I am an ARRL VE, and am currently the club president of our local club starting my second term, prior to that I was vice president for 2 terms.
So do you know NM8W over in Bowling Green? He's a ham I elmered years ago. Pretty good guy.

N1VAT Started in Maine in 1995. In 2001 moved to South Carolina, and then in 2009 to Texas. I monitor Dallas area Ham repeaters as well as DFR and DPD [my sector] with a Baofeng UV5R