New Topic Suggestion

I know Shawn has mentioned not wanting to clutter up the forum with sub sections but I think at least a Storms Stories thread would be entertaining.
I don't have any great stories though I have seen my share of tornadoes and that was before getting into Skywarn.
It's funny I come across many people who say, (in my best old person voice) "I have lived here all of my life and have never seen a twister."

So are they just attracted to me or am I at the wrong (right?) place and the wrong (right?) time?

Shawn Gossman

Skywarn Forum Owner
Staff member
I have a few storm stories, but not all of them are about tornadoes. In fact, I'm waiting to see if such a thread is created before I post some of them.
I don't think it warrants a whole section...yet! But for now, I encourage you to make a thread of it :) Be the one to start it, I'm sure more will reply with their own stories :)

Well there isn't really a current topic area it fits into. My stories are more related to storm events and not necessarily to chasing or spotting. Some could be in chasing, but not all of them. Also, not all of them are mine, but rather others who have given me permission to post them. I do have one I can post right now, it's my most recent story.

Shawn Gossman

Skywarn Forum Owner
Staff member
The Meteorological Topics section might be idea since it covers all things weather and meteorology. I'm not going to complain too much about off-topic stuff as long as it has to do with weather. What makes me frown about off-topic is stuff like politics and that which has nothing to do with weather and has no place on this forum. Or if someone were to "hijack" a thread and turn it into a different topic than what it was originally intended for.

ricbak

Rick
Premium Member
I like this forum because I am not trained as some and it is a great tool for me to learn. (And @ my age that is a challenge... ) as for politics, Leave it outta here unless politics are stomping on a weather/meteorological topic or issue that needs to be highlighted.
Looking at members resumes in here, There are some pretty shape people. I am honored to be able to participate..

The Meteorological Topics section might be idea since it covers all things weather and meteorology. I'm not going to complain too much about off-topic stuff as long as it has to do with weather. What makes me frown about off-topic is stuff like politics and that which has nothing to do with weather and has no place on this forum. Or if someone were to "hijack" a thread and turn it into a different topic than what it was originally intended for.
Actually I have quite a political discussion I could start about my employer and the weather, but I'll refrain from it as it would just serve to work a lot of people up on both sides of the issue including me.